Efficient Dental Waste Disposal in Ashford
WGS work with all practices including Orthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics and Maxillo-Facial Clinics, offering a one-stop waste solution. We can handle absolutely all of your waste streams for your practice with no need for sub-contractors and one clear monthly payment - which is only reflective of how much waste you produce.
We are Waste Management Specialists, who take pride in being leaders within this industry in Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London. Dental surgeries are active environments, we understand that all waste needs to be segregated, stored and disposed of safely and efficiently. We ensure we always adhere to current government legislation and environmental standards. We have gained years of expertise which has given us the knowledge and skills to offer a comprehensive service which ensures compliance and efficiency whilst also offering personal and affordable service.
Our service is customised to your practice's individual necessities. We can handle to supply and disposal of clinical waste bags and sharps, confidential waste (patient records and office papers), recyclable waste and amalgam waste. Your waste will be isolated, stored and disposed of in separate receptacles with the appropriate containers provided so that the waste is stored responsibly.
Amalgam Collection and Disposal
Amalgam collection is an integral part to our waste service. 50% of dental amalgam is made up of mercury, which is potentially dangerous to patients and staff in dental surgeries. Our full range of amalgam disposal collection containers are UN approved to ensure the safe disposal of amalgam guard, capsules and sludge and tooth boxes which can contain mercury vapour. Our mercury suppressant liquid kits are fully leak proof and prevent harmful exposure as they are a proven vapour suppressant solution which is fully compliant with UN standard classifications. This is an eco-friendly process as all of the amalgam, hazardous waste is sent for recycling once it has been collected.
Receptacles for any dentists
We supply a variety of receptacles to ensure your dental practice is fully compliant with the governments storage and disposal safety regulations:
- Yellow lidded sharps containers (wall brackets provided)
- Pharmaceutical waste (out-of-date LA cartridges, sedation drugs etc)
- Orange clinical waste bags (10kg or 5kg)
- Cytotoxic containers (for practices offering aesthetics i.e botox)
- 770 and 1100 litre wheelie bins which are lockable
- Bridge and crown pots (precious metal containers for recovery and refund)
- Lead foil developer and fixer (for dentists without digital photography)
- Post coded bag ties for safety, security and traceability
- Mercury vapour suppressant liquid kits
- All amalgam-related products
We cover all of your waste needs by offering a comprehensive service which includes:
- Feminine hygiene products (for staff and patient toilets)
- Cardboard recycling (various size wheelie bins)
- Confidential waste (hessian bags or boxes for office paper waste and archived patient dental records)
WGS prioritise reliable, regular and prompt disposal methods, always maintaining quality control and regulatory procedures. For more information on the disposal and management of healthcare waste, take a look at the government guidance here.