WGS Dental Waste Disposal
Reliable Dental Waste Disposal in Peckham
WGS are a one-stop waste solution service for dental practices including Orthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics and Maxillo-Facial Clinics. Leave it all to us – we can take care of all of your waste streams for your dental practice with no need for sub-contractors and one clear monthly payment. What’s more – you only pay for the waste you produce!
As Dental Waste Management Specialists, we are recognised as leaders in dental waste disposal and collection across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London. We understand that busy dental surgeries need to segregate, store and dispose of dental waste safely and efficiently, whilst always adhering to current government legislation and environmental standards. As experts in the field, our comprehensive service ensures compliance and efficiency whilst also being personable and offering cost-effective prices in comparison to other waste management services.
We offer a comprehensive service, that is individually tailored to your practice’s requirements. Our service deals with the supply and disposal of clinical waste bags and sharps, amalgam waste, confidential waste (patient records and office papers) and recyclable waste. All dental waste is isolated, stored and disposed of in separate receptacles with the appropriate containers provided so that waste is correctly separated and stored responsibly.
Amalgam Collection and Disposal
Amalgam collection is integral to our dental waste service. A high proportion of dental amalgam is made up of mercury, which can be harmful to patients and staff in dental surgeries. Our full range of UN approved amalgam disposal collection containers guarantee the safe disposal of amalgam guard, sludge and tooth boxes and capsules which can contain mercury vapour. The mercury suppressant liquid kits are entirely leak proof and prevent any harmful exposure as they are a proven vapour suppressant solution and fully compliant with UN standard regulations. This process is eco-friendly with all amalgam waste sent for recycling once collected.
Dental Waste Receptacles catering for every dental practice
We supply a range of receptacles to ensure your practice is fully compliant with the governments storage and disposal safety regulations:
- Yellow lidded sharps containers (containing wall brackets)
- Pharmaceutical waste (sedation drugs, out-of-date LA cartridges etc)
- Orange clinical waste bags (5kg or 10kg)
- Cytotoxic containers (for practices offering aesthetics)
- Lockable 770 and 1100 litre wheelie bins
- Bridge and crown pots (precious metal containers for refund and recovery)
- Lead foil fixer and developer (for dentists without digital photography)
- Post coded bag ties for safety, traceability and security
- Mercury vapour suppressant liquid kits
- All amalgam-related products
We cover all of your waste needs by offering a comprehensive service which includes:
- Feminine hygiene products (for staff and patient toilets)
- Cardboard recycling (various size wheelie bins)
- Confidential waste (hessian bags or boxes for office paper waste and archived patient dental records)
WGS prioritise prompt, reliable and regular disposal methods, always maintaining quality control and regulatory procedures. For more information on the management and disposal of healthcare waste, take a look at the government guidance document here.