Efficient Dental Waste Disposal in Canterbury
WGS work with all types of practices including Periodontics, Orthodontics, Endodontics and Maxillo-Facial Clinics, offering a waste system which is one-stop and covers all of your waste streams with no need for sub-contractors. It is just one simple monthly payment. What's more - you only pay for how much waste you produce!
We are Waste Management Specialists, who have grown into a reputable company within the industry in Sussex, Kent, Surrey and London. Dental surgeries are busy places, and we understand all waste needs to be segregated, stored and disposed of efficiently and safely. We are knowledgeable of current of current government legislation and environmental standards. We have the expertise to provide a service which offers compliance and efficiency whilst also being affordable.
We can tailor our service to your practice's individual requirements. We handle the supply and disposal of all clinical waste bags and sharps, confidential waste (office papers and patient records), recyclable waste and amalgam waste. Your waste will be isolated, stored and disposed of in independant receptacles with the correlating containers so you can be assured your waste is stored responsibly.
Amalgam Collection and Disposal
We understand the importance of amalgam collection within dental clinics. Half of dental amalgam is made from mercury, which is potentially hazardous to patients and staff in dental surgeries. Our range of amalgam disposal collection containers are UN approved so all amalgam guard, tooth boxes, capsules and sludge which can contain mercury vapour are all disposed of safely. We have mercury suppressant liquid kits which are designed to be leak proof and prevent harmful exposure because they are a proven vapour suppressant solution. This process is eco-friendly, as all of the amalgam, hazardous waste will be sent for recycling.
Receptacles for all dentists
We prioritise ensuring your practice is fully compliant with the governments storage and disposal safety regulations, by supplying a variety of receptacles:
- Lead foil developer and fixer (for dentists without digital photography)
- Post coded bag ties for safety, security and traceability
- Yellow lidded sharps containers (containing wall brackets)
- Pharmaceutical waste (out-of-date LA cartridges, sedation drugs etc)
- Orange clinical waste bags (10kg or 5kg)
- Cytotoxic containers (for practices offering aesthetics i.e botox)
- 770 and 1100 litre wheelie bins which are lockable
- Bridge and crown pots (precious metal containers for recovery and refund)
- Mercury vapour suppressant liquid kits
- All amalgam-related products
We offer a comprehensive waste collection service which includes:
- Cardboard recycling (various size wheelie bins)
- Confidential waste (hessian bags or boxes for office paper waste and archived patient dental records)
- Feminine hygiene products (for staff and patient toilets)
At WGS, we offer reliable and efficient disposal methods, whilst also maintaining quality control and regulatory procedures. Take a look at the government guidance here if you would like further information on the disposal and management of healthcare waste.